Basic Pizza Recipe
Pizza with basic topping.
This recipe yields a 30 cm basic pizza.
- Pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil, 10 ml
- Mozzarella cheese (fresh, sliced), 100 g
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Oregano (dried), to taste
- Place a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat to 260 C
- Lightly brush the pizza crust with half of the olive oil staying about 3 cm away from the edge
- Spread the pizza sauce over the olive oil
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and oregano (rub between your fingers to release the fragrance)
- Arrange the slices of mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the topping
- Slide the pizza onto the hot pizza stone and bake for about 7 minutes until the crust is lightly charred and the cheese is melted
How to serve
Serve hot, garnished with a few leaves of fresh basil.